HEALTH GUARANTEE & CONTRACT
Seller hereby guarantees that at the time of delivery the puppy is in good health (minus potential intestinal parasites). All Cherry Blossom Bernedoodles puppies are vet checked, microchipped, and have received appropriate vaccinations and worming for age. Do not take your puppy to places where other dogs may be or may have been present until all booster shots have been given. The Buyer has three (3) days from the time of receipt to have the puppy examined by a veterinarian. Proof of examination must be provided to Seller. This guarantee will be terminated immediately, if the dog is not examined within the allotted time.
The following conditions apply to the sale of the puppy:
1. The Buyer must pick up or schedule delivery of the puppy on or before the weekend after the puppy turns eight (8) weeks old. Any deviating pick-up date arrangements must be made before the puppy turns seven (7) weeks old and must be in writing with both parties in agreement. If the Buyer fails to retrieve the puppy on the agreed upon pick up day, the Buyer forfeits the purchase price and the puppy may be sold to another buyer.
2. Prior to or on the day of pick up, the Buyer must show proof of valid pet insurance for the puppy for a minimum of 30 days. The Buyer may use the free pet insurance offer that is provided by Trupanion or choose any other insurance of their liking.
3. The Buyer has three (3) days from the time of receipt of the puppy to have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian. Any request to return the puppy to Seller for a full refund must be made within this time period and may only be requested should the puppy prove to be sick upon arrival. Proof of examination must be provided.
4. The Buyer has five (5) days from the time of receipt of the puppy to return the puppy to the Seller for any reason. The puppy must be in good health as confirmed by the Seller’s veterinarian. The refund amount for such a return is the sale price, minus the reservation fee, minus shipping or transportation costs.
5. A warranty against all life threatening or seriously debilitating congenital defects is provided until the dog is two years of age.
A. Debilitating congenital defects are defined as those present since birth that are either life-threatening or would prevent the puppy from fulfilling the intended purpose for which it was purchased.
B. Any subjected debilitating congenital defect must be confirmed by a licensed veterinarian (including necropsy, if the dog dies).
i. Buyer must supply any requested veterinary records related to the dog’s condition to the Seller within seven (7) days of diagnosis.
ii. Seller has the right to require a second opinion from a veterinarian and/or veterinary specialist of the Seller’s choice at the Seller’s expense.
iii. If necropsy is performed and results are undetermined or inconclusive diagnosis, warranty is void.
C. If a congenital defect is identified within the warranty period, the Buyer has the option to obtain a replacement puppy from the Seller of equal or lesser value from the next available litter.
i. Original puppy need not be returned.
ii. Breeder determines which puppy (of equal or lesser value) will be used as a replacement and the wait time may be as long as 6-12 months.
iii. Color or gender is not guaranteed.
iv. Shipping fees will not be refunded, and any costs associated with the shipping of the replacement puppy are to be covered by the Buyer.
D. If the puppy is euthanized or in any way disposed of, without a second opinion from the Seller’s veterinarian, the Buyer waives all rights to a replacement puppy or to any financial payment as compensation.
6. This warranty does NOT include viral illnesses, infections, improper bites, stress-related illness, hernias, hypoglycemia, parasites (including Giardia and Coccidiosis), cancer or endocrine disorders. It also does not include any illness due to the ingestions of foreign objects, food, chemicals, or physical injury.
7. Under no circumstances shall the Seller be liable to the Buyer or to any third party for any consequential, incidental or special damages resulting from or in a manner related to the dog/puppy.
8. Upon execution of this contract all veterinary care and its associated costs are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Buyer.
9. The Buyer is responsible for all medical expenses associated with the treatment of intestinal parasites if the puppy is diagnosed, even if the puppy has parasites present when sent home.
A. If you are not willing to treat puppy parasites (sometimes more than one treatment is needed), then please do not buy a puppy.
B. It is common for puppy parasites to flourish after joining their new family (stress and change accommodate this).
C. Most parasites can be contagious, and it is possible that other dogs in the house can get them. Do not let your other dogs eat the puppy’s feces and clean it up immediately using proper cleaning chemicals.
Cherry Blossom Bernedoodles puppies are sold on a STRICT NON-BREEDING contract. Buyer agrees to spay or neuter this dog by 16 (sixteen) months of age. Buyer must send proof, in the form of a Certificate of Spay/Neuter from the Veterinarian, to Seller via email or by regular mail. Upon execution of this contract, Buyer agrees this dog is being sold as a PET ONLY and will never produce a litter of puppies, neither purposely bred nor by accidental breeding. Failure to follow through with the spay/neuter contract as outlined above, will terminate your health warranty. If a pregnancy occurs, Buyer will owe the seller $3500 for each puppy born and must return the dog to Cherry Blossom Bernedoodles. Legal action will be started for the breach of the contract. Any legal fees incurred by the Seller to enforce this are the sole responsibility of the Buyer. The case will be handled in a court in the Seller’s county.
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Buyer agrees to maintain this puppy/dog in good health, feed appropriate and regular portions of high quality dog food to maintain the dog at a healthy weight, provide routine preventative health care including, but not limited to, vaccinations, heart worm preventative, flea and tick control, regular baths, grooming, and any other preventative medication a vet feels is needed. The dog is to be housed indoors and not to be kept in a kennel, or other structure, that is disconnected from daily family life, or may cause the dog mental or physical harm. Veterinary records must be provided to Seller if requesting refund or replacement. If any of the above care has not been provided, the health warranty will be void.
TITLES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Cherry Blossom Bernedoodles provides a strong foundation for the puppy to become an excellent companion and adaptable member of society. We strongly encourage the continued training of your new puppy and offer a $100 Visa or Mastercard gift card if your puppy passes the AKC Canine Good Citizen test before their first birthday.
Other AKC recognized titles may be rewarded with a surprise gift at the Seller’s discretion.
REHOMING YOUR BERNEDOODLE
If at any point the Buyer can no longer care for the puppy purchased under this contract, the Buyer is required to return the dog to Cherry Blossom Bernedoodles. A refund will not be given. The puppy is not to be given or sold to another person, rescue, or shelter under any circumstances for permanent care without first contacting Cherry Blossom Bernedoodles. This condition does not expire and applies to the duration of the dog’s lifetime. Giving away or selling the puppy to another person will be considered a breach of contract and the Buyer may owe the Seller $3500 or the total price paid for the puppy, whichever is greater. Any legal fees incurred by the Seller to enforce this contract are the sole responsibility of the Buyer. The case will be handled in a court in the Seller’s county.